Free Fully Insured Delivery *
Call us on 0800 090 3256
Sign Up For A FREE Discount Code On Your First Order
- Terms and Conditions for Scrap
Terms and Conditions
Scrap Precious Metal Transactions
- 1.1 Please read the following Terms and Conditions carefully, as they will be governing the legal relationship between You and UKBullion.com owned and operated by Group International Ltd with the registered office at Innovation House, 410, Stafford Road, Wolverhampton, West Midlands, WV10 6AJ. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, then please do not use our Website. These Terms and Conditions may be amended and/or revised at any time at our sole discretion. Please check periodically for changes.
- 1.2 The Customer should read these terms carefully before the Customer starts to use the Site or accepts UKBullion.com’s offer to purchase the Precious Metal Products from the Customer. By using the Site, accepting UKBullion.com’s offer to purchase the Precious Metal Products or sending the Precious Metal Products to UKBullion.com, the Customer agrees that he accepts these terms and that he agrees to abide by them. If the Customer does not agree to these terms, the Customer should refrain from using the Site and should not send any Precious Metal Products to UKBullion.com or accept our offer to purchase the Precious Metal Products.
- 2.1 The definitions and rules of interpretation in this clause apply to these terms.
- 2.2.2 Customer means the person who accesses the Site, sends Precious Metal Products to UK Bullion.com and/or who accepts an offer made by UKBullion.com to purchase the Precious Metal Products
- 2.2.3 Precious Metal Products means the products which the Customer sends to UKBullion.com for testing and valuation, with a view to UKBullion.com making an offer to purchase such products.
- 2.2.4 Site /Website means the website found at the URL; http://www.ukbullion.com
- 2.2.5 Spot Price(s)/Spot Rates(s) means the regularly updated current market prices for Gold, Silver, Platinum and Palladium displayed on this website.
- 2.2.6 You/Your means a person using the Website including the Customer.
- 2.2.7 Us or We means UKBullion.com as owned and operated by Group International Ltd with the registered office at Innovation House, 410, Stafford Road, Wolverhampton, West Midlands, WV10 6AJ.
- 2.3 A person includes a natural person, corporate or unincorporated body (whether or not having separate legal personality).
- 2.4 A reference to a gender shall include a reference to the other genders.
- 2.5 Words in the singular shall include the plural and vice versa.
- 3.1 The Site is operated by Group International Ltd trading as UKBullion.com. The business address of UKBullion.com is Innovation House, 410, Stafford Road, Wolverhampton, WV10 6AJ.
- 3.2 Where the Customer has any complaint regarding the Site or the purchase by UKBullion.com of the Precious Metal Products, the Customer should contact UKBullion.com at Innovation House, 410, Stafford Road, Wolverhampton, WV10 6AJ. UKBullion.com shall endeavour to respond to any complaint within five working days from the date of receipt of the complaint.
- 3.3 Where the Customer makes a complaint, the Customer shall provide his full name, address and telephone number and where applicable, his transaction reference number or ID.
- 4.1 The Customer warrants and represents to UKBullion.com that:
- 4.1.1 He/She is at least eighteen (18) years old; and
- 4.1.2 He/She is the legal and beneficial owner of the Precious Metal Products, which are owned free of any encumbrances or other rights which may affect his rights to ownership of the Precious Metal Products or the value of the Precious Metal Products; and
- 4.1.3 He/She is acting on his own behalf and not as agent or representative for any other person or party.
- 5.1 The Customer shall complete a Description Form as set out on the Site and send the Precious Metal Products to UKBullion.com. By sending the Precious Metal Products to UKBullion.com, the Customer irrevocably authorises UKBullion.com to test and value the Precious Metal Products.
- 5.2 Upon receipt of the Precious Metal Products by UKBullion.com, We may test and value the Precious Metal Products and make an offer to purchase the Precious Metal Products from the Customer based on:
- 5.2.1 The results of the tests;
- 5.2.2 The Spot Rate at the time of Our receipt of the Precious Metal Products; and
- 5.2.3 The deduction of a Refining Fee of 2% for Gold and 8% for Platinum, Palladium and Silver.
- 5.3 Precious Metal Products may be tested using a range of non-destructive and destructive tests. Consequently, Precious Metal Products may become tarnished or may be filed during testing. Such testing will be restricted to the smallest area of the Precious Metal Products possible and will be conducted on an inconspicuous area of the Precious Metal Products whenever possible. By submitting Precious Metal Products for testing, the Customer shall hold UKBullion.com harmless from any claim relating to tarnishing and/or damage associated with a testing procedure.
- 5.4 Any offer made by UKBullion.com under clause 5.2 shall remain open to acceptance by the Customer for 24 hours. If the Customer does not accept Our offer within 24 hours, We reserve the right to withdraw the offer and re value the Precious Metal Products to reflect any fluctuations in world precious metal prices or Spot Rates.
- 5.5 If UKBullion.com does not make an offer to purchase the Precious Metal Products or the Customer does not accept our offer to purchase, We will return the Precious Metal Products to the Customer by Royal Mail Special Delivery within a reasonable time.
- 5.6 Where UKBullion.com returns the Precious Metal or Non Precious Metal Products to the Customer under clause 5.5, We reserve the right, at Our absolute discretion, to charge the user £10 per package for postage, packing and insurance of the returned consignment. Post Office terms and conditions may require Us to divide a high value consignment (over £2,500) or a heavy consignment (over 500gms) between multiple packages and in such a case We will charge £10 per package required. This is to ensure that the consignment will be traceable, fully insured and will require a signature on safe delivery.
- 6.1 Where the Customer has accepted Our offer to purchase the Precious Metal Products, We will make payment in accordance with the valuation determined by Us by either:
- 6.1.1 FASTER PAYMENT SYSTEM (FPS) – For payments of £5,000.00 and below. The payment will usually be in the Customer's account within 2 hours from the time when it is processed by Us. This service is charged at £5 per transfer to clients holding compatible bank accounts, the fee being deducted from the valuation figure; or
- 6.1.2 CHAPS/TELEGRAPHIC TRANSFERS - For transactions in excess of £5,000. This service is charged at £25 per transaction to cover Our bank charges when using this method of payment, the fee being deducted from the valuation figure; or
- 6.1.3 CHEQUE PAYMENTS will be charged at £6.00 per transaction to offset Our bank charges and admin/postal costs when using this method of payment, the fee being deducted from the valuation figure; or
- 6.1.4 CASH PAYMENTS will be charged at a minimum of £10.00 per transaction to offset Our bank charges and admin/postal costs when using this method of payment, the fee being deducted from the valuation figure. Please see this table for further details on the CASH charges applicable
- 6.2 The time periods specified in clause 6.1 above may vary depending upon the terms, policies and procedures of the Customer's own bank.
- 6.3 If the Customer does not receive payment by UKBullion.com within 7 working days from the date that the Customer accepts Our offer to purchase the Precious Metal Products, the Customer must notify UKBullion.com who will, if necessary, arrange for alternative payment. Failure to contact Us within that period, or to cash any cheque received from Us within 6 months from receipt, forfeits whatever rights the Customer may have to payment.
- 6.4 Without prejudice to any other right or remedy, UKBullion.com reserves the right to set off any amount owing at any time from the Customer to UKBullion.com against any amount payable by UKBullion.com to the Customer under this agreement.
- 6.5 The Customer agrees that, in the event of obvious error resulting in an overpayment, the Customer will repay the sum equivalent to the overpayment to UKBullion.com within 48hrs of receiving communication from UKBullion.com requesting repayment.
- 7.1 The Precious Metal Products shall remain at the risk of the Customer until delivery to UKBullion.com is complete.
- 7.2 Ownership of the Precious Metal Products shall pass to UKBullion.com on the date that the Customer accepts Our offer to purchase the Precious Metal Products AND in line with clause 5.4.
- 8.1 The Customer shall send the Precious Metal Products to UKBullion.com by Fully Insured Royal Mail Special Delivery in a tamper proof package. We will not be liable for any loss of or damage to the Precious Metal Products arising directly or indirectly from the Customer's use of inadequate packaging, under insurance or alternative shipping arrangements. On receipt of the Precious Metal Products, We will confirm receipt to the Customer by e-mail or telephone.
- 8.2 UKBullion.com reserves the right to reject delivery of any Precious Metal Products where the packaging appears to be damaged, opened or tampered with and any Precious Metal Products will be returned by the carrier to the Customer in the same packaging.
- 9.1 UKBullion.com is happy to receive packages of assorted Carat Precious Metal Products. We will sort, test, weigh and value the Precious Metal Products. We will provide the Customer with a breakdown of values per Carat type if We make an offer to purchase the Precious Metal Products.
- 10.1 UKBullion.com does not purchase Precious Metal Plated and non - Precious Metal items.
- 11.1 UKBullion.com does not buy gemstones. Any gemstones within Precious Metal Products received by Us will not be returned to the Customer as removal of such stones is time consuming and in most cases the labour charges generated far outweigh the profit margin that We may have in the Precious Metal Products. Where the Customer wishes to retain a gemstone in a Precious Metal Product, the Customer shall remove it before sending the Precious Metal Products to UKBullion.com.
- 12.1 Where the Precious Metal Products contain or are attached to non precious metal materials (other than gemstones), UKBullion.com will detach or separate the non precious metal materials for disposal.
- 12.2 Where the Customer wishes to retain the non precious metal materials, he shall notify Us in writing on or before the date that We receive the Precious Metal Products.
- 12.3 Where UKBullion.com receives notification from a Customer in accordance with condition 12.2, We will return the non precious metal materials to the Customer.
- 12.4 Where UKBullion.com returns the non precious metal materials to the Customer under clause 12.3, the Customer accepts that damage to the non precious metal materials may result from the detachment/separation process and the Customer will hold Us entirely blameless for such damage. UKBullion.com may charge the Customer for postage and packing of the returned non precious metal materials in line with clause 5.6.
- 12.5 The Customer shall pay any fee charged by UKBullion.com under clause 12.4 within 14 days from the date of the invoice or the date of the email sent by Us to the Customer notifying the Customer that such charges are due and payable. Where the Customer does not make payment within such time period, UKBullion.com shall be under no obligation to return the non precious metal materials and may dispose of them as We see fit.
- 13.1 The Customer shall complete and submit the "Description Form" included on the Site.
- 13.2 Where there is any conflict between the details on the Description Form and the weights, type of Precious Metal or value of Precious Metal Products as determined by UKBullion.com, the determination by UKBullion.com shall prevail.
- 13.3 Where the Customer sends the Precious Metal Products to UKBullion.com and accepts Our offer to purchase the Precious Metal Products, such Contract shall be binding, whether or not the Customer has failed to complete the Description Form, partly completed the Description Form or failed to sign the Description Form.
- 14.1 UKBullion.com tests the Precious Metal Products immediately upon receipt from the Customer therefore the Customer's rights (if any) to any cooling off period under the Distance Selling Regulation shall not apply.
- 15.1 The Customer warrants and represents that he understands that all the information, designs, text, graphics, code, software and any other materials contained in this Site, as well as arrangement there of are copyrighted to UKBullion.com and are protected by International copyright law. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.
- 15.2 UKBullion.com grants a revocable permission to the Customer to electronically copy and to print hard copy portions of this Site for the sole purposes of strictly personal non-commercial use under the condition that the Customer agrees not to change, delete and/or modify any content, web design and/or layout contained in that material.
- 16.1 The Customer's personal information and payment details will be strictly protected in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998.
- 16.2 The Customer may request a copy of any information held by UKBullion.com and We may charge the Customer an administration fee of £10 for providing such information. The information must be requested in writing to the address stated in these terms and signed by the Customer. The Customer may request Us to correct any inaccuracies in the information held about the Customer. Such a request must be in writing, signed and sent to the address stated in these terms.
- 16.3 UKBullion.com will maintain records of the sale and purchase of the Precious Metal Products for a minimum of 6 years from the date of the transaction, which records shall contain a copy of the original "Description Form" filled in by the Customer.
- 17.1 UKBullion.com excludes to the fullest extent permissible in law all conditions, warranties and stipulations, express (other than those set out in this clause) or implied, statutory, customary or otherwise which but for such exclusion would or might subsist in favour of the Customer.
- 17.2 The provisions of this clause 17 do not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from its negligence, nor its liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- 17.3 The following provisions in this clause 17 set out our entire liability (including any liability for the acts and omissions of its employees, agents or sub-contractors) to the Customer in respect of:-
- 17.3.1 a breach of Our contractual obligations under these terms;
- 17.3.2 a tortuous act or omission of UKBullion.com for which We are liable; or
- 17.3.3 an action arising out of a misrepresentation by or on behalf of UKBullion.com (other than a fraudulent misrepresentation); arising in connection with the performance or contemplated performance of the Contract.
- 17.4 Subject to clause 17.2, the total liability which We shall owe to the Customer in respect of all successful claims under these terms shall not exceed the lesser of:
- 17.4.1 33% of the Certified, Appraised value of the relevant Precious Metal Products, appraised within the period of 30 days before receipt by Us. UKBullion.com reserves the right to verify the relevant Appraisal Certificate and documentation with a third party.
- 17.4.2 The sum of Seventy-five Pounds Sterling (£75.00).
- 17.5 UKBullion.com shall in no circumstances be liable to the Customer for any consequential loss or (whether before or after termination of this agreement) be liable to the Customer for any loss of data and the Customer shall at all times keep adequate backup copies of the data and programs held or used by the Customer.
- 17.6 The exclusions from and limitations of liability set out in this clause 17 shall be considered severable. The validity or unenforceability of any one clause, sub-clause, paragraph or sub paragraph of this clause 17 shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other part of this clause 17.
- 17.7 The provisions of this clause 17 shall survive the termination of the whole or a part of this agreement.
- 17.8 The Customer acknowledges that the above provisions of this clause 17 are reasonable.
- 17.9 THIS DOES NOT AFFECT THE CUSTOMER'S STATUTORY RIGHTS AS A CUSTOMER.
- 18.1 The Customer shall indemnify, defend and hold UKBullion.com and its affiliated companies, shareholders, officers, directors, employees, agents or suppliers harmless from any and all claims or demands, made by any third party due to or arising out of the Customer's violation of these terms, or the infringement by the Customer of any intellectual property or other right of any other person or entity.
- 19.1 The Precious Metal Scrap Value Calculator feature on the Site is for the Customer's convenience and shall only be treated as displaying an approximate price of the Precious Metal Products, providing that the information given by the Customer is accurate (based upon current market precious metal value on the day of use, and not necessarily the price of precious metal on the day UKBullion.com receives the Precious Metal Products). The Calculator's generated price shall not be treated as a binding offer which the Customer accepts by sending the Precious Metal Products. All Precious Metal Products must be accurately valued by Our jewellery and bullion experts before a formal offer to purchase is made. Whilst we attempt to maintain the accuracy of this service, no liability is accepted for any errors or omissions.
- 20.1 These terms are governed by English Law and by accepting these terms the Customer is submitting to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England in the event of a dispute.
- 21.1 We may update these terms and the format and content of the Site from time to time and such changes shall become effective from the date upon which they are posted on the Site. Where the Customer continues to use the Site after the date on which the changes come into effect, the Customer's use of the Site will indicate the Customer's agreement to be bound by the new terms. Therefore the Customer should check these terms each time he revisits the Site.
- 22.1 A person who is not a party to these terms shall not have any rights under or in connection with it by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third parties) Act 1999.
- 23.1 The Customer agrees that he has provided to UKBullion.com his correct email address, physical address, and telephone number and agrees that it is his responsibility to provide us with any updated contact information. The Customer further agrees that any email message that We send to the Customer is deemed to have been effectively received by the Customer and constitutes due notice to the Customer for any purpose required in these Terms and Conditions.
- 24.1 No failure or delay by UKBullion.com to exercise any right or remedy provided under this agreement or by law shall constitute a waiver of that or any other right or remedy, nor shall it preclude or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy. No single or partial exercise of such right or remedy shall preclude or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy.
- 25.1 The Customer shall and shall use all reasonable endeavours to procure that any necessary third party shall promptly execute such documents and perform such acts as may reasonably be required for the purpose of giving full effect to this agreement.
- 26.1 If any provision of this agreement (or part of any provision) is found by any court or other authority of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision shall, to the extent required, be deemed not to form part of this agreement, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of this agreement shall not be affected.
- 26.2 If a provision of this agreement (or part of any provision) is found illegal, invalid or unenforceable, the provision shall apply with the minimum modification necessary to make it legal, valid and enforceable.
- 27.1 This is a time limited offer in respect of the following coins:
- 27.1.1 Full Sovereign
- 27.1.2 Half Sovereign
- 27.1.3 All Gold Britannia
- 27.1.4 All Krugerrand
- 27.2 UKBullion.com reserves the right to cancel or amend the terms of this offer at any time.
- 27.3 This offer applies exclusively to coins of good quality, received in good, resalable condition as determined by our valuers at their absolute discretion.
- 27.4 Coins received that do not satisfy the quality standard for this offer will be valued in accordance with our regular terms as specified in clause 5.2
|Cash Amount||Cash Charge||Insured Delivery|
|Up to £500||Min £10.00||£12.00|
|£501 - £1000||2%||£12.00|
|£1001 - £2499||2%||£12.00|
|£2500+||2%||£12 per Parcel|
Max £7500 per customer per day (delivery only)
Cash charges are deducted from valuation
Cash charges are deducted from valuation